- 'Go to the dentist and get fined £100'Dentists warn that thousands of vulnerable people are wrongly being fined over dental treatment.
- 'I found a job I love through battling depression'Catherine says becoming ill at university inspired a career in mental health social work.
- 'I felt so low, I couldn't see a way out'A record number of children seek help from Childline over suicidal thoughts and feelings.
- Should children be heard in court?Campaigners say youngsters should be allowed to put their views to judges.
- It was change sex or die - transgender girlEllen - one of the first primary school children to transition in the UK - lets readers into her inner world.
- Meet the UK's oldest university studentsIn your 70s and 80s? Time to start university, say the second-chance students.
- 'Go to the dentist and get fined £100'
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
Monthly Archives: March 2012
Originally posted on North West UK Tutors:
Who is Tutoring your Child? A report today published on the BBC website stated that over 4,000 offenders, including rapists, paedophiles and drug dealers, applied to become teachers last year only to be rejected…
We would like to welcome Zoe into Kip McGrath. Zoe is a committed and accomplished teacher who wants to help make a difference in educating children in the Sevenoaks area.
It seems some pretty powerful people agree with the last few blogs that I have been writing! The OECD (Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development) says that teachers need to be given “status, pay and professional autonomy” Status is the key … Continue reading
In my previous blog I highlighted the question “Is your child’s tutor qualified to teach?” The feedback I received came in two broad categories; those that had made the assumption that every tutor was a qualified teacher, and those that … Continue reading
If your child is coming up to exams, give us a call.
“I have come to believe that a great teacher is a great artist and that there are as few as there are any other great artists. Teaching might even be the greatest of the arts since the medium is the human mind and spirit.”