- Heads worried tuition fee pledge for teachers to be droppedWill the promise of tuition fee relief for teachers be the next education policy to be scrapped?
- Leading universities rated 'bronze' under new ranking systemUniversities are now ranked bronze, silver or gold for their standard of undergraduate teaching.
- Number of families made homeless rises by 17%Official figures reveal the number of people made homeless in the past year is up a fifth on five years ago.
- Boys at Exeter academy wear skirts in uniform protestThey wanted to wear shorts, but were told that breached their school's uniform policy.
- Magna Academy seeks disciplinarian to lead 'behaviour correction unit'Director of Isolations and Detentions must show "tough love" in school's "behaviour correction unit".
- Queen's Speech: Grammar school expansion abandonedGrammar schools and scrapping free meals for infants disappear from the government's education plans.
- Heads worried tuition fee pledge for teachers to be dropped
- If you have a year 11 in your household you'll probably know already that the Maths Higher Paper 2 was not that... fb.me/2mmTEoBg8 2 weeks ago
- With many politicians struggling to remember their figures or unable to deal with answering a direct question two... fb.me/94SzduaD5 2 weeks ago
- Just wanted to share an email we received from a parent "Just thought you should know that E loved his first... fb.me/4hzUKxbvv 2 weeks ago
- Registration for the 2017 Kent Test opened today and closes on 3rd. Test date is 7th September with results... fb.me/ZT8X2qef 3 weeks ago
- Every year after the first maths exam many teachers and websites put together 'predicted papers' based on topics... fb.me/1thY9hrcx 3 weeks ago
Monthly Archives: March 2012
Originally posted on North West UK Tutors:
Who is Tutoring your Child? A report today published on the BBC website stated that over 4,000 offenders, including rapists, paedophiles and drug dealers, applied to become teachers last year only to be rejected…
We would like to welcome Zoe into Kip McGrath. Zoe is a committed and accomplished teacher who wants to help make a difference in educating children in the Sevenoaks area.
It seems some pretty powerful people agree with the last few blogs that I have been writing! The OECD (Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development) says that teachers need to be given “status, pay and professional autonomy” Status is the key … Continue reading
In my previous blog I highlighted the question “Is your child’s tutor qualified to teach?” The feedback I received came in two broad categories; those that had made the assumption that every tutor was a qualified teacher, and those that … Continue reading
If your child is coming up to exams, give us a call.
“I have come to believe that a great teacher is a great artist and that there are as few as there are any other great artists. Teaching might even be the greatest of the arts since the medium is the human mind and spirit.”