- New GCSEs 'hardest since O-levels'Private school leader urges caution over interpretation of new grading system for exams in England.
- Two MPs quit Bath University roles over vice-chancellor's pay dealIt follows criticism of the £451k salary of University of Bath vice-chancellor Prof Dame Glynis Breakwell.
- More graduates leave Wales than arrive, report saysGraduate jobs have not been created by firms at the rate public sector jobs are lost, an expert says.
- Cambridge University Press reverses China censorship moveCambridge University Press restores access to sensitive China stories after academics protest.
- Clearing placements at five-year high, early figures showNew figures show record numbers placed through clearing as universities seek to fill places.
- Boys help to raise A-level gradesBoys overtake girls in top A-level grades - but university entries are down, with many places available.
- New GCSEs 'hardest since O-levels'
- Over the summer break we are going to post some maths brain teasers to keep your brain active. Here is the... fb.me/1t9pf8QwJ 4 weeks ago
- Over the summer break we are going to post some maths brain teasers to keep your brain active. Here is the... fb.me/93QkZ8IF9 4 weeks ago
- To celebrate the start of Summer we thought a competition might be fun! Keep an eye on our page and I'll post the... fb.me/1PgaFQ78S 1 month ago
- Wow! Thank you, we've run out of space for all our thank you cards! fb.me/78Cpc8s05 1 month ago
- If you have a year 11 in your household you'll probably know already that the Maths Higher Paper 2 was not that... fb.me/2mmTEoBg8 2 months ago
Monthly Archives: March 2012
Originally posted on North West UK Tutors:
Who is Tutoring your Child? A report today published on the BBC website stated that over 4,000 offenders, including rapists, paedophiles and drug dealers, applied to become teachers last year only to be rejected…
We would like to welcome Zoe into Kip McGrath. Zoe is a committed and accomplished teacher who wants to help make a difference in educating children in the Sevenoaks area.
It seems some pretty powerful people agree with the last few blogs that I have been writing! The OECD (Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development) says that teachers need to be given “status, pay and professional autonomy” Status is the key … Continue reading
In my previous blog I highlighted the question “Is your child’s tutor qualified to teach?” The feedback I received came in two broad categories; those that had made the assumption that every tutor was a qualified teacher, and those that … Continue reading
If your child is coming up to exams, give us a call.
“I have come to believe that a great teacher is a great artist and that there are as few as there are any other great artists. Teaching might even be the greatest of the arts since the medium is the human mind and spirit.”