- Primary league tables: How did your school do?New primary school league table data for England has been published by the Department for Education.
- Laurent Simons: Belgian child prodigy drops out of universityHis parents removed him after the university said he wouldn't graduate before turning 10.
- Police probe alleged fraud at Scottish Qualifications AuthorityAn investigation has been launched into an alleged six-figure fraud at the Scottish Qualifications Authority.
- Parent school donations 'exacerbating inequality'In 2017-18, the average school in London raised £43,000 from donations. In Yorkshire, it was about £13,300.
- General election 2019: Do EU state aid rules stop school bus services?Claims about EU state aid rules causing problems for school bus provision fact-checked.
- General election 2019: Under-30s question politicians in TV debateThe BBC Question Time debate also saw fiery exchanges on climate change, electoral reform and trust.
- Primary league tables: How did your school do?
- @GoosedScrew @Arganaut @DCorny66 @QWERTYorAZERTY @jsphfstr89 @jetowey @UKLabour Again don't disagree, a certain %ag… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
- @GoosedScrew @Arganaut @DCorny66 @QWERTYorAZERTY @jsphfstr89 @jetowey @UKLabour Haven’t used personal abuse. I agre… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
- @GoosedScrew @DCorny66 @QWERTYorAZERTY @jsphfstr89 @jetowey @UKLabour Are you seriously suggesting that the hospita… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
- @villettew @GoosedScrew @DCorny66 @QWERTYorAZERTY @jsphfstr89 @jetowey @UKLabour Not a doctor but doctors have said… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 days ago
- @GoosedScrew @DCorny66 @QWERTYorAZERTY @jsphfstr89 @jetowey @UKLabour Don’t disagree with that, although they were… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 days ago
Monthly Archives: May 2012
The Independent’s Richard Garner wrote a fascinating article on an OFSTED Inspector. (full article below) Reading this earlier today created a variety of thoughts and observation. 1) Mr Sheridan seems to disagree with Sir Michael Wilshaw. Earlier this month Ofsted … Continue reading
Originally posted on Rt Hon Sir David Evennett:
David Evennett MP for Bexleyheath and Crayford and Parliamentary Private Secretary to Education Secretary Michael Gove officially opened the refurbished Kip McGrath Education Centre in Stephen Road, Barnehurst, on Saturday afternoon (26…
I have a confession to make. I started as a secondary PE teacher. There, I said it. Some skeletons should stay in the closet, sometimes it’s better to get the skeleton out before someone discovers it and drags it out … Continue reading
In the news today is the Chief Inspector of Ofsted, Sir Michael Wilshaw, criticising the increasing practice of entering students early for their GCSE exams. Our own personal experience of this at Kip McGrath Ashford is that it is on … Continue reading
Special mention for two students who pestered me for an extra session tonight. Christela, remember to ask yourself why and explain the significance/ importance/ relevance. Chungla, have faith in your knowledge and yourself. Imagine you’re explaining it to me and … Continue reading
Good luck to all our year 11’s with their English Literature GCSE exam tomorrow. Too many of you to name check but you all know where my thoughts will be 🙂
We are running our 2 day 11+ Course during the Whitsun week, dates and times below. We have about 6 or 7 places left on a first come first served basis, so please ring or text on 07595 438181 to book a … Continue reading
Yesterday Michael Gove released his evidence to the STRB relating to proposals to change teachers pay. http://media.education.gov.uk/assets/files/pdf/e/evidence%20to%20the%20strb%20the%20case%20for%20change.pdf The BBC Education correspondent Sean Coughlan reported : Education Secretary Michael Gove says he wants a system that can attract the highest quality … Continue reading
Delivering Education’s Progressive Promise: Using the Pupil Premium to Change Lives In a keynote speech today Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg highlighting the extra investment the Government is putting in to schools to close the gap in the performance of … Continue reading