Education Secretary Michael Gove Gove plans to scrap dumbed-down GCSEs and National Curriculum in the biggest revolution in education for 30 years.
Leaked documents seen by the Daily Mail suggest that the most radical shake up in school examinations are being planned.
The report in the Mail states that “Education Secretary Michael Gove has drawn up a blueprint which would tear up the current exam system as well as abolishing the National Curriculum.”
Under revolutionary plans Gove intends to
- GCSEs will ‘disappear’ from schools within the next few years
- The National Curriculum in secondary schools will be abolished
- The requirement that pupils obtain five good GCSEs graded A* to C will be scrapped
- Less intelligent pupils will sit simpler exams, similar to the old CSEs
- O-level pupils will sit the same gold standard paper nationwide from a single exam board
It is planned to have a 12 week consultancy period.
We will keep you posted in the near future as more details come to life.