- Students hit by 14-day university lecturers strikeStudents facing disruption as union members in 74 universities begin 14 days of strike action.
- Call to scrap 'elitist' Oxford application feeOxford University faces accusations of unfairness over the cost of applying for courses.
- TikTok 'family safety mode' gives parents some app controlA new mode links parents' TikTok accounts to their child's, and gives control over some features.
- Six charged over Cambridge Uni climate protestsThe charges relate to protests at Trinity College, Cambridge, and a research building in the city.
- University of Ghana lecturers suspended after 'sex-for-grades' exposéUndercover filming showed the Ghanaian academics breaching university policies on sexual harassment.
- Cambridge University don wrote erotic fiction about studentsDr Peter Hutchinson wrote the book the same year sexual harassment complaints were made against him.
- Students hit by 14-day university lecturers strike
- @tapairportugal The connecting flight hadn’t taken off, eventually taking off over 40 mins after our delayed flight arrived. ?? 2 days ago
- @tapairportugal Not being able to get our luggage for almost two hours isn’t down to technical difficulties or weat… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- @tapairportugal I note that the flight to Valencia you offered us today leaving Lisbon at 2.00pm hasn’t taken off.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- @tapairportugal Absolute disaster, connection missed, offered flight to Seville via Valencia 26 hours later, waited… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- @tapairportugal Sat on flight TP1351 to Lisbon, hasn’t taken off, also have a connection TP1102 to Seville will the… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 days ago
Monthly Archives: September 2012
One of the most common questions we get asked is about who comes to tuition, who our service is for. In reality every child really is different, we don’t pigeonhole them at all, but here are a few generalised categories … Continue reading
“We have the best generation of teachers and headteachers we have ever had.” For once I agree with Michael Gove. We do have some great teachers, my wife was one of the very best, one of the very first Advanced … Continue reading
“We have the best generation of teachers and headteachers we have ever had.”
When exam results improve it’s down to grade inflation, not the work of the best generation of teachers. What have these teachers doing that is so wonderful but doesn’t affect grades of their students?
“Critical to reform is ending an exam system that has narrowed the curriculum, forced idealistic professionals to teach to the test”
Michael Gove, Conservative Education Minister announcing the rationale for ending GCSE’s.
Perhaps our teachers just became successful at doing what the Conservative Education Minister who introduced GCSE’s wanted, getting students to know what they had to do to get a certain grade.
‘examination grades should have a clearer meaning and pupils and teachers need clearer goals. We accordingly need grade-related criteria which will specify the knowledge, understanding and skills expected for the award of particular grades.’
Keith Joseph, Conservative Education Secretary, announcing the introduction of GCSE’s replacing O Levels
The Government announced their plans to shake up the exam systems today. Here are the key announcements. GCSE’s in core subjects, English, Maths and Science, to be replaced by English Baccalaureate Certificate. These will begin in September 2015. First exams … Continue reading
A return to O Levels? There is a big announcement today of the replacement for the GCSE exams. Follow this blog this week as we try to explain the changes and the impact it will have on our students. Related … Continue reading
RETRO FOOD RECIPES : Casserole, Stew & Hotpot Recipes. Arrived back from mountain biking in Bedgebury Forestvwith the kids to find Sally had this website up on the following making a couple of the recipes for the freezer. Combine a … Continue reading
A Level Maths tuition now available at Kip McGrath Ashford. Call now on 01233 626333 to find out more.