- Opening schools a national priority, says governmentSchools Minister Nick Gibb says schools and families will have two weeks' notice for reopening.
- Poor white teens in 'left behind' towns not going to uniWatchdog warns of low university chances for white working class youths in former industrial towns.
- 'Knackered and confused.' That's just the parentsThe lack of certainty about schools returning is fraying the exhausted nerves of parents.
- Covid: Oldham school to withdraw places for lockdown-breach pupilsSeveral pupils at the school admitted visiting other households, breaking Covid-19 lockdown rules.
- Covid: Schools will be told of reopening plans 'as soon as we can'Boris Johnson says he understands parents' frustrations but the infection rate is "still very high".
- Covid: Teachers 'not at higher risk' of death than averageThe highest-risk job roles were in restaurants, care work and manufacturing.
- Opening schools a national priority, says government
- RT @nufcscott1968: @ElswickMag @geordiedentist Pat Heard, Gary Megson and Albert Craig all better than Hendrick and Shelvey. 12 hours ago
- @GeorgeCaulkin Seems like Bruce's way of the last 2 1/2 games is the same as whoever's way it was before that.... 12 hours ago
- @steve0191 @geordiedentist not playing as a unit solely down to coaching and drilling...easiest thing to sort for a coach 12 hours ago
- @lee_ryder few weeks, virtually 18 months, struggle to see the game plan either attacking or defending or transitio… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 12 hours ago
- @ClennellPeter coaching! ? season and a half of coaching by a man who's regressed every player and every team concept and stat 12 hours ago
Monthly Archives: October 2012
BBC News – Parents not schools boost exam success, study suggests. This article on the BBC website caught my eye this morning, confirming something that I’d always believed and seen throughout my career. I’m lucky now, owning and running a … Continue reading
Originally posted on Lucybird's Book Blog:
Children’s Hour is a feature posted every Thursday here at Lucybird’s Book Blog. Children’s Hour is my time for reviewing children’s picture books. In my job in a nursery I encounter lots of…
CHOOSING A SECONDARY SCHOOL by Sally Fisher Choosing the right secondary school for your child can be a daunting process, particularly if it’s your first time at it. Everyone has an opinion about ‘the best school’ but its important to … Continue reading
Handy Parents’ Evening Tips As parents’ evenings start to loom on the horizon we thought it appropriate to put together some tips to make the most out of this event. Remember, as ex teachers and current parents we … Continue reading
Influential Conservative backbench MP Graham Stuart slams pace of Michael Gove’s education reforms – Education News – Education – The Independent
Influential Conservative backbench MP Graham Stuart slams pace of Michael Gove’s education reforms – Education News – Education – The Independent. via Influential Conservative backbench MP Graham Stuart slams pace of Michael Gove’s education reforms – Education News – Education … Continue reading