- 'Go to the dentist and get fined £100'Dentists warn that thousands of vulnerable people are wrongly being fined over dental treatment.
- 'I found a job I love through battling depression'Catherine says becoming ill at university inspired a career in mental health social work.
- 'I felt so low, I couldn't see a way out'A record number of children seek help from Childline over suicidal thoughts and feelings.
- Should children be heard in court?Campaigners say youngsters should be allowed to put their views to judges.
- It was change sex or die - transgender girlEllen - one of the first primary school children to transition in the UK - lets readers into her inner world.
- Meet the UK's oldest university studentsIn your 70s and 80s? Time to start university, say the second-chance students.
- 'Go to the dentist and get fined £100'
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
Monthly Archives: November 2012
In touch with the school desk of the future Nicola WoolcockLast updated November 23 2012 12:01AM Pupils test the smart deskRichard Rayner/2daymedia/North News and Pictures The ink-stained wooden school desk adorned with the scratched initials of generations of pupils could … Continue reading
Day 2 of our National Writing competition and today’s video is Sam Ruddock, a Paralympian who competed in the London 2012 Paralympics. Follow the link below to hear Sam talk about his Big Dream In December 2011, Sam was … Continue reading
What’s your Big Dream? Today, Kip McGrath launches a UK wide writing competition called ‘Dream a Big Dream’ that invites young people aged 9 to 14 years old to write about their own Big Dream. Visit the website below for … Continue reading
Reading homework can be stressful! This is great advice from great colleagues, Clare and Martin Rimmer, at Kip McGrath Lisburn. As busy parents themselves they understand the time issues involved and the potential for stressful situations. As a father of … Continue reading
What ingredients are needed to make a good tutor? 1) Qualifications A person should be qualified to do the job they are being paid to do. We want a plumber who is qualified, a car mechanic who is qualified, a … Continue reading
We came across this fabulous blogpost by Clare Rimmer, owner of Kip McGrath Lisburn and wanted to share with everyone. Some great handy hints at how to best remember these high frequency words. Top 10 misspelled words and how to … Continue reading
by Sally Fisher If you remember when; ATARI was a state of the art video game system. Mark from Eastenders was Tucker Jenkins. And Frank was saying ‘GGGGGGGO!!!!’ on Runaround The kids on “Why Don’t You” looked old… and cool… … Continue reading
http://www.itv.com/news/2012-11-08/the-best-start-in-life/ I have two confessions to make….. I didn’t see this programme….. because I was tutoring children There, got it out of my system. Reading the headlines, the blog posts and tweets I think it’s important to make a distinction … Continue reading
Originally posted on Kip McGrath Tutors Scotland Blog:
Tonight Show – ITV1 8th November 2012 – The Best Start in Life http://www.itv.com/news/2012-11-08/the-best-start-in-life/ I just watched the ITV1 Tonight’s programme about education, the booming tuition industry and whether too much pressure…
The Best Start in Life – ITV1 Tonight Show Exposes Pressures On Children and Private Tuition in UK 2012
The Best Start in Life – ITV1 Tonight Show Exposes Pressures On Children and Private Tuition in UK 2012.