We came across this fabulous blogpost by Clare Rimmer, owner of Kip McGrath Lisburn and wanted to share with everyone.
Some great handy hints at how to best remember these high frequency words.
Top 10 misspelled words and how to remember them
Some words are easy to remember how to spell and others leave your brain straining every time you use them.
Here is a list of 10 words we really should stop misspelling and a few handy hints for getting them right.
1. Necessary – commonly spelt neccessary
Remember: One “collar” and two “socks”. Necessary
2. Separate – commonly spelt seperate
Remember: Never separate a para from his parachute! Separate
3. Weird – commonly spelt wierd
4. Believe – commonly spelt beleive
Remember: There is always a lie in believe.
5. Friend – commonly spelt freind
Remember: A friend is a friend until the end!
6. Accommodation – commonly spelt acommodation or accomodation
Remember: Accommodation has two cots and two mattresses.
7. Beautiful – commonly spelt beutiful
Remember: It is important to “be a“ beautiful person.
8. February– commonly spelt Feburary
It is brrrrr cold in February.
9. Because – the ending of this word is tricky to remember.
Remember: Big Elephants Can’t Always Understand Small Elephants Because
10. A lot – This is commonly spelt as one word – alot
Remember: You do not write alittle so don’t write alot. A lot is two separate words.
For more spelling tips visit the bbc skillwise website.
- 9 Simple but Commonly Most Misspelled Words (powersthatbeat.wordpress.com)