- New GCSEs 'hardest since O-levels'Private school leader urges caution over interpretation of new grading system for exams in England.
- Two MPs quit Bath University roles over vice-chancellor's pay dealIt follows criticism of the £451k salary of University of Bath vice-chancellor Prof Dame Glynis Breakwell.
- More graduates leave Wales than arrive, report saysGraduate jobs have not been created by firms at the rate public sector jobs are lost, an expert says.
- Cambridge University Press reverses China censorship moveCambridge University Press restores access to sensitive China stories after academics protest.
- Clearing placements at five-year high, early figures showNew figures show record numbers placed through clearing as universities seek to fill places.
- Boys help to raise A-level gradesBoys overtake girls in top A-level grades - but university entries are down, with many places available.
- New GCSEs 'hardest since O-levels'
- Over the summer break we are going to post some maths brain teasers to keep your brain active. Here is the... fb.me/1t9pf8QwJ 4 weeks ago
- Over the summer break we are going to post some maths brain teasers to keep your brain active. Here is the... fb.me/93QkZ8IF9 4 weeks ago
- To celebrate the start of Summer we thought a competition might be fun! Keep an eye on our page and I'll post the... fb.me/1PgaFQ78S 1 month ago
- Wow! Thank you, we've run out of space for all our thank you cards! fb.me/78Cpc8s05 1 month ago
- If you have a year 11 in your household you'll probably know already that the Maths Higher Paper 2 was not that... fb.me/2mmTEoBg8 2 months ago
Monthly Archives: January 2013
Kip McGrath Competition Encourages Young People to Dream Big. Kip McGrath Education Centre Ashford is inviting young people aged 9 to 14 years to get involved in a national competition called Dream a Big Dream. The Ashford Centre wants … Continue reading
“Hello Simon! I just wanted to let you know that I got my B in Maths and I’m overwhelmed! I’ve definitely gained a lot of confidence in myself now that its been proven that I’m quite good at it. I’ll … Continue reading
A very sensible point of view from Times Educational Blogger Sarah Ebner (and parent) about school closures. http://blogs.thetimes.co.uk/section/school-gate/96606/its-crazy-to-penalise-schools-for-shutting-due-to-snow/ It’s crazy to penalise schools for shutting due to snow Sarah EbnerJanuary 22 2013 11:01AM So, the education secretary is ready to … Continue reading
Originally posted on The Times Blogs:
So, the education secretary is ready to “penalise” schools for closing because of the snow. I despair (although I am intrigued to know just what kind of penalties he’s thinking of). Schools don’t shut…
We’re really proud to display a new certificate today. Kip McGrath Ashford “has achieved a level of excellence ” and is now recognised as a Diamond Centre. We would like to thank all our parents and their children for making … Continue reading