- Teens in care in Birmingham 'without food or bedding'Two teenagers tell BBC Newsnight about their experiences of living in semi-supported accommodation.
- Student forced to turn to food bank by loan delayA second year Bristol undergraduate says a student loan administration error left him penniless.
- Student poverty: French march in protest after suicide bidA student who set himself on fire on Friday blamed his severe financial difficulties on government.
- Children 'become less active during primary years'Between the ages of six and 11, children became 17 minutes less active per week every year - study.
- Labour promises free jobs retraining for adultsLabour pledges a £3bn increase in adult education investment to update skills for work.
- General election 2019: Lib Dems propose £10k 'skills wallet' for all adultsMoney for training courses will be made available to adults of all ages, under the Lib Dem plan.
- Teens in care in Birmingham 'without food or bedding'
- @JamesCleverly But you tweeted a photo showing you we’re doing BBC and LBC at same time, 7.30am...... 6 days ago
- @asaintmaximin @ChrisDHWaugh Was a great performance yesterday, my son and I had great away trip ⚫️⚪️⚫️⚪️ 1 week ago
- @asaintmaximin @ChrisDHWaugh “Allan is a Geordie” 1 week ago
- @DavidLammy You stood in 2017 on a manifesto that stated “Labour accepts the referendum result” 1 week ago
- For anyone who’s ever been near a staffroom! twitter.com/MrBoothY6/stat… 2 weeks ago
Monthly Archives: March 2013
What is the Phonics Screening Check? The phonics screening check was piloted in June 2011 and rolled out nationally in 2012. The check focuses solely on decoding words using a phonetic approach. Is this a reading test? No, it is … Continue reading
A report on the BBC website by Angela Harrison today highlights the impact of streaming pupils at an early age. The report, by the Institute of Education at London University, suggests that “by the age of seven, those born in September … Continue reading
Phonics Screening Test Results This is one of the most common question I get asked by parents. The initial answer is that there isn’t technically a “pass” score, but there is a benchmark score. (I know it’s a semantic argument … Continue reading
The DfE have confirmed that the phonics screening check will be administered during the week commencing 17 June 2013. We will be publishing more posts this week that explain how the test is administered, the results from last year, some … Continue reading
Originally posted on Impact Tuition & Dyslexia Centre Urmston:
Ideas for World Book Day Outfits 2013 It is almost that time of year again – World Book Day. On the 7th March 2013, school children across the UK are encouraged…
Brian Pennock, the owner of Kip McGrath Newcastle has kindly listed the topics that didn’t appear on paper 1 of the edexcel maths exam. Here goes: Translation Constructing shapes using compasses, protractors and rulers Volume and surface area Area and … Continue reading
Originally posted on Kip McGrath Newcastle-North Tutors Blog:
After analysing Paper 1 of the Edexcel Maths GCSE (1MA0/1H) Higher Tier – Linear GCSE Maths exam on 28th February 2013, here is a list of topics which have not yet been…