- Oxford professor given protection following threats from trans activistsOxford academic Selina Todd was given protection after threats from transgender rights activists.
- Mark Wallinger: The artist who wants to provoke pupils' creativityTop artist Mark Wallinger has become a school's artist-in-residence to fight for more creativity.
- No time off for grieving: 'Inside I was screaming'Bereavement leave for parents came too late for Ian Bainbridge, whose son was stillborn five years ago.
- Middlesbrough children's services 'inadequate'There are "widespread failures" and children are left at risk of harm for too long, inspectors find.
- One in four children 'has too little sleep'A lack of rest leaves youngsters unable to focus at school, a World Health Organization study says.
- Super-rich elites making London 'off-limits'Moving to London is unaffordable for those from poorer backgrounds, says social mobility report.
- Oxford professor given protection following threats from trans activists
- @seedorf77 @Steph_____92 @JPickford1 🤣🤣😮🤣🤣 4 days ago
- RT @anna_harding: @GeorgeCaulkin 🙌 4 days ago
- We’re told today is Blue Monday, rather than a marketing term to make us think about holidays, Blue Monday instantl… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 days ago
- @GeorgeCaulkin @LukeEdwardsTele @kevw1983 @MsiDouglas @j_wilson1988 @mark_robson10 @andrewsneill @dm3pol… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 weeks ago
- @LukeEdwardsTele So when results are good it’s down to Bruce, when bad it’s hysteria? No difference in play as we’v… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 weeks ago
Monthly Archives: March 2013
What is the Phonics Screening Check? The phonics screening check was piloted in June 2011 and rolled out nationally in 2012. The check focuses solely on decoding words using a phonetic approach. Is this a reading test? No, it is … Continue reading
A report on the BBC website by Angela Harrison today highlights the impact of streaming pupils at an early age. The report, by the Institute of Education at London University, suggests that “by the age of seven, those born in September … Continue reading
Phonics Screening Test Results This is one of the most common question I get asked by parents. The initial answer is that there isn’t technically a “pass” score, but there is a benchmark score. (I know it’s a semantic argument … Continue reading
The DfE have confirmed that the phonics screening check will be administered during the week commencing 17 June 2013. We will be publishing more posts this week that explain how the test is administered, the results from last year, some … Continue reading
Originally posted on Impact Tuition & Dyslexia Centre Urmston:
Ideas for World Book Day Outfits 2013 It is almost that time of year again – World Book Day. On the 7th March 2013, school children across the UK are encouraged…
Brian Pennock, the owner of Kip McGrath Newcastle has kindly listed the topics that didn’t appear on paper 1 of the edexcel maths exam. Here goes: Translation Constructing shapes using compasses, protractors and rulers Volume and surface area Area and … Continue reading
Originally posted on Kip McGrath Newcastle-North Tutors Blog:
After analysing Paper 1 of the Edexcel Maths GCSE (1MA0/1H) Higher Tier – Linear GCSE Maths exam on 28th February 2013, here is a list of topics which have not yet been…