- Coronavirus: Free school meals children to get food vouchersMinisters say the vouchers could be available to families in England as early as Tuesday afternoon.
- Lack of childcare 'forcing key workers to stay home'As many childcare providers close their doors, key workers with young children tell the BBC they are "stuck".
- University admissions could face emergency controlsUniversities are considering fixed limits on student numbers amid financial worries over admissions.
- English teacher's Facebook lessons an 'overwhelming' successHolly King-Mand has gathered thousands of followers after starting her Facebook lessons on Monday.
- Coronavirus: Children can visit separated parents during restrictionsAfter one minister airs confusing advice, parents give their verdict on visiting under coronavirus.
- Head's virus death and lockdown hit schools like 'bombshell'Head teachers in England seek clearer safety advice after virus death and lockdown announcement.
- Coronavirus: Free school meals children to get food vouchers
- If you are a football person please join the challenge of posting a football photo. Just one picture, no descriptio… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
- @TWBC_Business Will dial in, many thanks 1 week ago
- @tapairportugal The connecting flight hadn’t taken off, eventually taking off over 40 mins after our delayed flight arrived. ?? 1 month ago
- @tapairportugal Not being able to get our luggage for almost two hours isn’t down to technical difficulties or weat… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago
- @tapairportugal I note that the flight to Valencia you offered us today leaving Lisbon at 2.00pm hasn’t taken off.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago
Tag Archives: english tuition ashford
What is the Phonics Screening Check? The phonics screening check was piloted in June 2011 and rolled out nationally in 2012. The check focuses solely on decoding words using a phonetic approach. Is this a reading test? No, it is … Continue reading
A report on the BBC website by Angela Harrison today highlights the impact of streaming pupils at an early age. The report, by the Institute of Education at London University, suggests that “by the age of seven, those born in September … Continue reading
The DfE have confirmed that the phonics screening check will be administered during the week commencing 17 June 2013. We will be publishing more posts this week that explain how the test is administered, the results from last year, some … Continue reading
On Friday 22nd February we are holding our creative writing workshop, partly helping some of our students write their entry for the Dream a Big Dream writing competition. We can’t wait to find out their dreams, whether large or small. … Continue reading
Which student are you? I came across this article from a wonderful colleague, Bill Moody, the Centre Director of Kip McGrath Adel Leeds, and just had to pass it on. http://tutorleeds.wordpress.com/blog/page/2/ Typical C Grade and Above Candidate Knows … Continue reading
We’re really proud to display a new certificate today. Kip McGrath Ashford “has achieved a level of excellence ” and is now recognised as a Diamond Centre. We would like to thank all our parents and their children for making … Continue reading
England’s exams regulator Ofqual has told the Education Secretary Michael Gove it has concerns over some of the changes he is bringing in to England’s exams system. GCSEs are being overhauled in England and from 2015 some are being replaced … Continue reading
In an article on the BBC website Michael Gove is pushing for teacher’s pay to be linked to performance. The report is sketchy on details, but high on soundbites from the Education Minister, somewhat in keeping with most of his … Continue reading
Day 2 of our National Writing competition and today’s video is Sam Ruddock, a Paralympian who competed in the London 2012 Paralympics. Follow the link below to hear Sam talk about his Big Dream In December 2011, Sam was … Continue reading