- Primary league tables: How did your school do?New primary school league table data for England has been published by the Department for Education.
- Laurent Simons: Belgian child prodigy drops out of universityHis parents removed him after the university said he wouldn't graduate before turning 10.
- Police probe alleged fraud at Scottish Qualifications AuthorityAn investigation has been launched into an alleged six-figure fraud at the Scottish Qualifications Authority.
- Parent school donations 'exacerbating inequality'In 2017-18, the average school in London raised £43,000 from donations. In Yorkshire, it was about £13,300.
- General election 2019: Do EU state aid rules stop school bus services?Claims about EU state aid rules causing problems for school bus provision fact-checked.
- General election 2019: Under-30s question politicians in TV debateThe BBC Question Time debate also saw fiery exchanges on climate change, electoral reform and trust.
- Primary league tables: How did your school do?
- @GoosedScrew @Arganaut @DCorny66 @QWERTYorAZERTY @jsphfstr89 @jetowey @UKLabour Again don't disagree, a certain %ag… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
- @GoosedScrew @Arganaut @DCorny66 @QWERTYorAZERTY @jsphfstr89 @jetowey @UKLabour Haven’t used personal abuse. I agre… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
- @GoosedScrew @DCorny66 @QWERTYorAZERTY @jsphfstr89 @jetowey @UKLabour Are you seriously suggesting that the hospita… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
- @villettew @GoosedScrew @DCorny66 @QWERTYorAZERTY @jsphfstr89 @jetowey @UKLabour Not a doctor but doctors have said… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 days ago
- @GoosedScrew @DCorny66 @QWERTYorAZERTY @jsphfstr89 @jetowey @UKLabour Don’t disagree with that, although they were… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 days ago
Tag Archives: gcse english literature
We’re really proud to display a new certificate today. Kip McGrath Ashford “has achieved a level of excellence ” and is now recognised as a Diamond Centre. We would like to thank all our parents and their children for making … Continue reading
In an article on the BBC website Michael Gove is pushing for teacher’s pay to be linked to performance. The report is sketchy on details, but high on soundbites from the Education Minister, somewhat in keeping with most of his … Continue reading
What ingredients are needed to make a good tutor? 1) Qualifications A person should be qualified to do the job they are being paid to do. We want a plumber who is qualified, a car mechanic who is qualified, a … Continue reading
CHOOSING A SECONDARY SCHOOL by Sally Fisher Choosing the right secondary school for your child can be a daunting process, particularly if it’s your first time at it. Everyone has an opinion about ‘the best school’ but its important to … Continue reading
Handy Parents’ Evening Tips As parents’ evenings start to loom on the horizon we thought it appropriate to put together some tips to make the most out of this event. Remember, as ex teachers and current parents we … Continue reading
One of the most common questions we get asked is about who comes to tuition, who our service is for. In reality every child really is different, we don’t pigeonhole them at all, but here are a few generalised categories … Continue reading
The Government announced their plans to shake up the exam systems today. Here are the key announcements. GCSE’s in core subjects, English, Maths and Science, to be replaced by English Baccalaureate Certificate. These will begin in September 2015. First exams … Continue reading
The chaos surrounding GCSE English grades took another step to incredulity. The Welsh Education Secretary “ordered” the WJEC board to re-examine the grades awarded in English. Why is this chaotic? The WJEC version of English GCSE is offered to schools in … Continue reading
English exam chaos rumbles on, TES show letters between OFQUAL and EdEXCEL, if intervention was needed in June to avoid reduce grade inflation where was the intervention in January. BBC News – Ofqual ordered late changes to GCSE English … Continue reading
Special mention for two students who pestered me for an extra session tonight. Christela, remember to ask yourself why and explain the significance/ importance/ relevance. Chungla, have faith in your knowledge and yourself. Imagine you’re explaining it to me and … Continue reading