- 'Go to the dentist and get fined £100'Dentists warn that thousands of vulnerable people are wrongly being fined over dental treatment.
- 'I found a job I love through battling depression'Catherine says becoming ill at university inspired a career in mental health social work.
- 'I felt so low, I couldn't see a way out'A record number of children seek help from Childline over suicidal thoughts and feelings.
- Should children be heard in court?Campaigners say youngsters should be allowed to put their views to judges.
- It was change sex or die - transgender girlEllen - one of the first primary school children to transition in the UK - lets readers into her inner world.
- Meet the UK's oldest university studentsIn your 70s and 80s? Time to start university, say the second-chance students.
- 'Go to the dentist and get fined £100'
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
Tag Archives: gcse maths
Brian Pennock, the owner of Kip McGrath Newcastle has kindly listed the topics that didn’t appear on paper 1 of the edexcel maths exam. Here goes: Translation Constructing shapes using compasses, protractors and rulers Volume and surface area Area and … Continue reading
We’re really proud to display a new certificate today. Kip McGrath Ashford “has achieved a level of excellence ” and is now recognised as a Diamond Centre. We would like to thank all our parents and their children for making … Continue reading
In an article on the BBC website Michael Gove is pushing for teacher’s pay to be linked to performance. The report is sketchy on details, but high on soundbites from the Education Minister, somewhat in keeping with most of his … Continue reading
One of the most common questions we get asked is about who comes to tuition, who our service is for. In reality every child really is different, we don’t pigeonhole them at all, but here are a few generalised categories … Continue reading
The Government announced their plans to shake up the exam systems today. Here are the key announcements. GCSE’s in core subjects, English, Maths and Science, to be replaced by English Baccalaureate Certificate. These will begin in September 2015. First exams … Continue reading
Coming back to work after a holiday is always a slightly sad time. This year I was astonished at the amount of thank you cards on display, more than I seemed to remember. I always mean to share these comments, … Continue reading
Under new proposals from Michael Gove the Government want pupils who do not receive a C grade at GCSE maths to continue studying maths to 18. Sean Coughlan of BBC Education explains “The changes, linked to raising the leaving age … Continue reading
In the news today is the Chief Inspector of Ofsted, Sir Michael Wilshaw, criticising the increasing practice of entering students early for their GCSE exams. Our own personal experience of this at Kip McGrath Ashford is that it is on … Continue reading
Frequently asked Questions What subjects Kip McGrath Ashford teach? We teach pupils in the areas of English, Maths Reading, Writing, Spelling and Comprehension at Primary and Secondary level. We also offer tuition to help prepare your child for exams such as the Kent … Continue reading