- Primary league tables: How did your school do?New primary school league table data for England has been published by the Department for Education.
- Laurent Simons: Belgian child prodigy drops out of universityHis parents removed him after the university said he wouldn't graduate before turning 10.
- Police probe alleged fraud at Scottish Qualifications AuthorityAn investigation has been launched into an alleged six-figure fraud at the Scottish Qualifications Authority.
- Parent school donations 'exacerbating inequality'In 2017-18, the average school in London raised £43,000 from donations. In Yorkshire, it was about £13,300.
- General election 2019: Do EU state aid rules stop school bus services?Claims about EU state aid rules causing problems for school bus provision fact-checked.
- General election 2019: Under-30s question politicians in TV debateThe BBC Question Time debate also saw fiery exchanges on climate change, electoral reform and trust.
- Primary league tables: How did your school do?
- @GoosedScrew @Arganaut @DCorny66 @QWERTYorAZERTY @jsphfstr89 @jetowey @UKLabour Again don't disagree, a certain %ag… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
- @GoosedScrew @Arganaut @DCorny66 @QWERTYorAZERTY @jsphfstr89 @jetowey @UKLabour Haven’t used personal abuse. I agre… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
- @GoosedScrew @DCorny66 @QWERTYorAZERTY @jsphfstr89 @jetowey @UKLabour Are you seriously suggesting that the hospita… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
- @villettew @GoosedScrew @DCorny66 @QWERTYorAZERTY @jsphfstr89 @jetowey @UKLabour Not a doctor but doctors have said… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 days ago
- @GoosedScrew @DCorny66 @QWERTYorAZERTY @jsphfstr89 @jetowey @UKLabour Don’t disagree with that, although they were… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 days ago
Tag Archives: Kip McGrath Ashford
What is the Phonics Screening Check? The phonics screening check was piloted in June 2011 and rolled out nationally in 2012. The check focuses solely on decoding words using a phonetic approach. Is this a reading test? No, it is … Continue reading
A report on the BBC website by Angela Harrison today highlights the impact of streaming pupils at an early age. The report, by the Institute of Education at London University, suggests that “by the age of seven, those born in September … Continue reading
Phonics Screening Test Results This is one of the most common question I get asked by parents. The initial answer is that there isn’t technically a “pass” score, but there is a benchmark score. (I know it’s a semantic argument … Continue reading
The DfE have confirmed that the phonics screening check will be administered during the week commencing 17 June 2013. We will be publishing more posts this week that explain how the test is administered, the results from last year, some … Continue reading
On Friday 22nd February we are holding our creative writing workshop, partly helping some of our students write their entry for the Dream a Big Dream writing competition. We can’t wait to find out their dreams, whether large or small. … Continue reading
Which student are you? I came across this article from a wonderful colleague, Bill Moody, the Centre Director of Kip McGrath Adel Leeds, and just had to pass it on. http://tutorleeds.wordpress.com/blog/page/2/ Typical C Grade and Above Candidate Knows … Continue reading
New SATs for Yr.6 in 2013. Are you ready? Major changes have been made to the 2013 SATs exams for Key Stage 2 pupils in the UK. This year is the first time that children will be doing the spelling, grammar … Continue reading
Kip McGrath Competition Encourages Young People to Dream Big. Kip McGrath Education Centre Ashford is inviting young people aged 9 to 14 years to get involved in a national competition called Dream a Big Dream. The Ashford Centre wants … Continue reading
We’re really proud to display a new certificate today. Kip McGrath Ashford “has achieved a level of excellence ” and is now recognised as a Diamond Centre. We would like to thank all our parents and their children for making … Continue reading