- Grammar school A-level row head suspendedThe head of a school where some pupils were stopped from taking A-levels, is suspended.
- 'He hid in a cupboard - we just couldn't get him to school'When Evelyn and Tony adopted Ryan at the age of seven, his special needs were not immediately apparent.
- Cambridge Uni students get Shakespeare trigger warningsCambridge University students are given "trigger alerts" that they might be upset by some text.
- 'Go to the dentist and get fined £100'Dentists warn that thousands of vulnerable people are wrongly being fined over dental treatment.
- 'I found a job I love through battling depression'Catherine says becoming ill at university inspired a career in mental health social work.
- 'I felt so low, I couldn't see a way out'A record number of children seek help from Childline over suicidal thoughts and feelings.
- Grammar school A-level row head suspended
- Last year Norton Knatchbull and Highworth had 54 places available after allocation of places (and not everyone... fb.me/Gy1tqr0O 8 hours ago
- fb.me/2qajxe8u4 11 hours ago
- 1976: Blue Peter showed off a phone with no cable that you could even take outside. Watching this now not sure... fb.me/7zMmvU3XL 2 days ago
- So very proud of all our 11+ers ! 6 days ago
- 11+ results day.... fingers crossed for everyone waiting. As a parent who's been through it twice I know how... fb.me/1CPYarA2E 1 week ago
Tag Archives: Kip McGrath Ashford
What is the Phonics Screening Check? The phonics screening check was piloted in June 2011 and rolled out nationally in 2012. The check focuses solely on decoding words using a phonetic approach. Is this a reading test? No, it is … Continue reading
A report on the BBC website by Angela Harrison today highlights the impact of streaming pupils at an early age. The report, by the Institute of Education at London University, suggests that “by the age of seven, those born in September … Continue reading
Phonics Screening Test Results This is one of the most common question I get asked by parents. The initial answer is that there isn’t technically a “pass” score, but there is a benchmark score. (I know it’s a semantic argument … Continue reading
The DfE have confirmed that the phonics screening check will be administered during the week commencing 17 June 2013. We will be publishing more posts this week that explain how the test is administered, the results from last year, some … Continue reading
On Friday 22nd February we are holding our creative writing workshop, partly helping some of our students write their entry for the Dream a Big Dream writing competition. We can’t wait to find out their dreams, whether large or small. … Continue reading
Which student are you? I came across this article from a wonderful colleague, Bill Moody, the Centre Director of Kip McGrath Adel Leeds, and just had to pass it on. http://tutorleeds.wordpress.com/blog/page/2/ Typical C Grade and Above Candidate Knows … Continue reading
New SATs for Yr.6 in 2013. Are you ready? Major changes have been made to the 2013 SATs exams for Key Stage 2 pupils in the UK. This year is the first time that children will be doing the spelling, grammar … Continue reading
Kip McGrath Competition Encourages Young People to Dream Big. Kip McGrath Education Centre Ashford is inviting young people aged 9 to 14 years to get involved in a national competition called Dream a Big Dream. The Ashford Centre wants … Continue reading
We’re really proud to display a new certificate today. Kip McGrath Ashford “has achieved a level of excellence ” and is now recognised as a Diamond Centre. We would like to thank all our parents and their children for making … Continue reading