- New GCSEs 'hardest since O-levels'Private school leader urges caution over interpretation of new grading system for exams in England.
- Two MPs quit Bath University roles over vice-chancellor's pay dealIt follows criticism of the £451k salary of University of Bath vice-chancellor Prof Dame Glynis Breakwell.
- More graduates leave Wales than arrive, report saysGraduate jobs have not been created by firms at the rate public sector jobs are lost, an expert says.
- Cambridge University Press reverses China censorship moveCambridge University Press restores access to sensitive China stories after academics protest.
- Clearing placements at five-year high, early figures showNew figures show record numbers placed through clearing as universities seek to fill places.
- Boys help to raise A-level gradesBoys overtake girls in top A-level grades - but university entries are down, with many places available.
- New GCSEs 'hardest since O-levels'
- Over the summer break we are going to post some maths brain teasers to keep your brain active. Here is the... fb.me/1t9pf8QwJ 4 weeks ago
- Over the summer break we are going to post some maths brain teasers to keep your brain active. Here is the... fb.me/93QkZ8IF9 4 weeks ago
- To celebrate the start of Summer we thought a competition might be fun! Keep an eye on our page and I'll post the... fb.me/1PgaFQ78S 1 month ago
- Wow! Thank you, we've run out of space for all our thank you cards! fb.me/78Cpc8s05 1 month ago
- If you have a year 11 in your household you'll probably know already that the Maths Higher Paper 2 was not that... fb.me/2mmTEoBg8 2 months ago
Tag Archives: Kip McGrath Ashford
What is the Phonics Screening Check? The phonics screening check was piloted in June 2011 and rolled out nationally in 2012. The check focuses solely on decoding words using a phonetic approach. Is this a reading test? No, it is … Continue reading
A report on the BBC website by Angela Harrison today highlights the impact of streaming pupils at an early age. The report, by the Institute of Education at London University, suggests that “by the age of seven, those born in September … Continue reading
Phonics Screening Test Results This is one of the most common question I get asked by parents. The initial answer is that there isn’t technically a “pass” score, but there is a benchmark score. (I know it’s a semantic argument … Continue reading
The DfE have confirmed that the phonics screening check will be administered during the week commencing 17 June 2013. We will be publishing more posts this week that explain how the test is administered, the results from last year, some … Continue reading
On Friday 22nd February we are holding our creative writing workshop, partly helping some of our students write their entry for the Dream a Big Dream writing competition. We can’t wait to find out their dreams, whether large or small. … Continue reading
Which student are you? I came across this article from a wonderful colleague, Bill Moody, the Centre Director of Kip McGrath Adel Leeds, and just had to pass it on. http://tutorleeds.wordpress.com/blog/page/2/ Typical C Grade and Above Candidate Knows … Continue reading
New SATs for Yr.6 in 2013. Are you ready? Major changes have been made to the 2013 SATs exams for Key Stage 2 pupils in the UK. This year is the first time that children will be doing the spelling, grammar … Continue reading
Kip McGrath Competition Encourages Young People to Dream Big. Kip McGrath Education Centre Ashford is inviting young people aged 9 to 14 years to get involved in a national competition called Dream a Big Dream. The Ashford Centre wants … Continue reading
We’re really proud to display a new certificate today. Kip McGrath Ashford “has achieved a level of excellence ” and is now recognised as a Diamond Centre. We would like to thank all our parents and their children for making … Continue reading