- New GCSEs 'hardest since O-levels'Private school leader urges caution over interpretation of new grading system for exams in England.
- Two MPs quit Bath University roles over vice-chancellor's pay dealIt follows criticism of the £451k salary of University of Bath vice-chancellor Prof Dame Glynis Breakwell.
- More graduates leave Wales than arrive, report saysGraduate jobs have not been created by firms at the rate public sector jobs are lost, an expert says.
- Cambridge University Press reverses China censorship moveCambridge University Press restores access to sensitive China stories after academics protest.
- Clearing placements at five-year high, early figures showNew figures show record numbers placed through clearing as universities seek to fill places.
- Boys help to raise A-level gradesBoys overtake girls in top A-level grades - but university entries are down, with many places available.
- New GCSEs 'hardest since O-levels'
- Over the summer break we are going to post some maths brain teasers to keep your brain active. Here is the... fb.me/1t9pf8QwJ 4 weeks ago
- Over the summer break we are going to post some maths brain teasers to keep your brain active. Here is the... fb.me/93QkZ8IF9 4 weeks ago
- To celebrate the start of Summer we thought a competition might be fun! Keep an eye on our page and I'll post the... fb.me/1PgaFQ78S 1 month ago
- Wow! Thank you, we've run out of space for all our thank you cards! fb.me/78Cpc8s05 1 month ago
- If you have a year 11 in your household you'll probably know already that the Maths Higher Paper 2 was not that... fb.me/2mmTEoBg8 2 months ago
Tag Archives: maths tuition ashford
Brian Pennock, the owner of Kip McGrath Newcastle has kindly listed the topics that didn’t appear on paper 1 of the edexcel maths exam. Here goes: Translation Constructing shapes using compasses, protractors and rulers Volume and surface area Area and … Continue reading
On Friday 22nd February we are holding our creative writing workshop, partly helping some of our students write their entry for the Dream a Big Dream writing competition. We can’t wait to find out their dreams, whether large or small. … Continue reading
We’re really proud to display a new certificate today. Kip McGrath Ashford “has achieved a level of excellence ” and is now recognised as a Diamond Centre. We would like to thank all our parents and their children for making … Continue reading
As you have read previously Kip McGrath Ashford is part of a national writing competition. One of our featured athletes, Sam Ruddock gave up part of his busy weekend to visit a local Kip McGrath centre to talk about his … Continue reading
England’s exams regulator Ofqual has told the Education Secretary Michael Gove it has concerns over some of the changes he is bringing in to England’s exams system. GCSEs are being overhauled in England and from 2015 some are being replaced … Continue reading
Day 2 of our National Writing competition and today’s video is Sam Ruddock, a Paralympian who competed in the London 2012 Paralympics. Follow the link below to hear Sam talk about his Big Dream In December 2011, Sam was … Continue reading
What’s your Big Dream? Today, Kip McGrath launches a UK wide writing competition called ‘Dream a Big Dream’ that invites young people aged 9 to 14 years old to write about their own Big Dream. Visit the website below for … Continue reading
What ingredients are needed to make a good tutor? 1) Qualifications A person should be qualified to do the job they are being paid to do. We want a plumber who is qualified, a car mechanic who is qualified, a … Continue reading
BBC News – Parents not schools boost exam success, study suggests. This article on the BBC website caught my eye this morning, confirming something that I’d always believed and seen throughout my career. I’m lucky now, owning and running a … Continue reading