- New GCSEs 'hardest since O-levels'Private school leader urges caution over interpretation of new grading system for exams in England.
- Two MPs quit Bath University roles over vice-chancellor's pay dealIt follows criticism of the £451k salary of University of Bath vice-chancellor Prof Dame Glynis Breakwell.
- More graduates leave Wales than arrive, report saysGraduate jobs have not been created by firms at the rate public sector jobs are lost, an expert says.
- Cambridge University Press reverses China censorship moveCambridge University Press restores access to sensitive China stories after academics protest.
- Clearing placements at five-year high, early figures showNew figures show record numbers placed through clearing as universities seek to fill places.
- Boys help to raise A-level gradesBoys overtake girls in top A-level grades - but university entries are down, with many places available.
- New GCSEs 'hardest since O-levels'
- Over the summer break we are going to post some maths brain teasers to keep your brain active. Here is the... fb.me/1t9pf8QwJ 4 weeks ago
- Over the summer break we are going to post some maths brain teasers to keep your brain active. Here is the... fb.me/93QkZ8IF9 4 weeks ago
- To celebrate the start of Summer we thought a competition might be fun! Keep an eye on our page and I'll post the... fb.me/1PgaFQ78S 1 month ago
- Wow! Thank you, we've run out of space for all our thank you cards! fb.me/78Cpc8s05 1 month ago
- If you have a year 11 in your household you'll probably know already that the Maths Higher Paper 2 was not that... fb.me/2mmTEoBg8 2 months ago
Tag Archives: Michael Gove
England’s exams regulator Ofqual has told the Education Secretary Michael Gove it has concerns over some of the changes he is bringing in to England’s exams system. GCSEs are being overhauled in England and from 2015 some are being replaced … Continue reading
In an article on the BBC website Michael Gove is pushing for teacher’s pay to be linked to performance. The report is sketchy on details, but high on soundbites from the Education Minister, somewhat in keeping with most of his … Continue reading
Influential Conservative backbench MP Graham Stuart slams pace of Michael Gove’s education reforms – Education News – Education – The Independent
Influential Conservative backbench MP Graham Stuart slams pace of Michael Gove’s education reforms – Education News – Education – The Independent. via Influential Conservative backbench MP Graham Stuart slams pace of Michael Gove’s education reforms – Education News – Education … Continue reading
Double dipping – ‘The Middle Years’ Phenomenon Research shows that dips in pupil performance are evident in Yr 3 and Yr 4 and in Yr8 – ‘the middle years phenomenon’. This decline in progress is often accompanied by a loss … Continue reading
“We have the best generation of teachers and headteachers we have ever had.” For once I agree with Michael Gove. We do have some great teachers, my wife was one of the very best, one of the very first Advanced … Continue reading
The Government announced their plans to shake up the exam systems today. Here are the key announcements. GCSE’s in core subjects, English, Maths and Science, to be replaced by English Baccalaureate Certificate. These will begin in September 2015. First exams … Continue reading
A return to O Levels? There is a big announcement today of the replacement for the GCSE exams. Follow this blog this week as we try to explain the changes and the impact it will have on our students. Related … Continue reading
The chaos surrounding GCSE English grades took another step to incredulity. The Welsh Education Secretary “ordered” the WJEC board to re-examine the grades awarded in English. Why is this chaotic? The WJEC version of English GCSE is offered to schools in … Continue reading
English exam chaos rumbles on, TES show letters between OFQUAL and EdEXCEL, if intervention was needed in June to avoid reduce grade inflation where was the intervention in January. BBC News – Ofqual ordered late changes to GCSE English … Continue reading