- UK universities comply with China's internet restrictionsBut universities reject that tests on online learning in China are accepting "censorship".
- Coronavirus: Home-schooling has been hell, say parentsSome parents have been reduced to tears over the strain of home-schooling, say campaigners.
- Cut back GCSEs and A-levels next year, say headsHeads in England call for reduced courses or open-book exams for next year's GCSEs and A-levels.
- How US university clubs are coping with virusAfter 137 students in Seattle test positive, what problems does coronavirus pose to "Greek life"?
- Coronavirus: 13 UK universities 'could go bust without bailout'The fallout from Covid-19 poses a "significant threat" to UK higher education, analysis suggests.
- US to withdraw visas for foreign students if classes moved fully onlineSome foreign students may need to move to a university with in-person classes to stay in the US.
- UK universities comply with China's internet restrictions
- @BBradley_Mans The Government's SAGE Scientific Committee modelled 9 scenarios, not one is the return model used by… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago
- @SchoolDuggery Couple of key phrases..."There is no evidence to suggest that children transmit the virus any more t… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago
- @Steph_____92 Since he was last sacked by the premier league club who appointed him whilst in the PL over 90 premie… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 months ago
- @GeorgeCaulkin @simplyMaximin @plevans_1 George, the moment you tweet #cans twitter will break! 2 months ago
- @rjrosser1 @MrJohnNicolson @SJCooper68 @commonscms John, the case involving Saudi ownership of Sheff Utd was only s… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 months ago
Tag Archives: Michael Gove
England’s exams regulator Ofqual has told the Education Secretary Michael Gove it has concerns over some of the changes he is bringing in to England’s exams system. GCSEs are being overhauled in England and from 2015 some are being replaced … Continue reading
In an article on the BBC website Michael Gove is pushing for teacher’s pay to be linked to performance. The report is sketchy on details, but high on soundbites from the Education Minister, somewhat in keeping with most of his … Continue reading
Influential Conservative backbench MP Graham Stuart slams pace of Michael Gove’s education reforms – Education News – Education – The Independent
Influential Conservative backbench MP Graham Stuart slams pace of Michael Gove’s education reforms – Education News – Education – The Independent. via Influential Conservative backbench MP Graham Stuart slams pace of Michael Gove’s education reforms – Education News – Education … Continue reading
Double dipping – ‘The Middle Years’ Phenomenon Research shows that dips in pupil performance are evident in Yr 3 and Yr 4 and in Yr8 – ‘the middle years phenomenon’. This decline in progress is often accompanied by a loss … Continue reading
“We have the best generation of teachers and headteachers we have ever had.” For once I agree with Michael Gove. We do have some great teachers, my wife was one of the very best, one of the very first Advanced … Continue reading
The Government announced their plans to shake up the exam systems today. Here are the key announcements. GCSE’s in core subjects, English, Maths and Science, to be replaced by English Baccalaureate Certificate. These will begin in September 2015. First exams … Continue reading
A return to O Levels? There is a big announcement today of the replacement for the GCSE exams. Follow this blog this week as we try to explain the changes and the impact it will have on our students. Related … Continue reading
The chaos surrounding GCSE English grades took another step to incredulity. The Welsh Education Secretary “ordered” the WJEC board to re-examine the grades awarded in English. Why is this chaotic? The WJEC version of English GCSE is offered to schools in … Continue reading
English exam chaos rumbles on, TES show letters between OFQUAL and EdEXCEL, if intervention was needed in June to avoid reduce grade inflation where was the intervention in January. BBC News – Ofqual ordered late changes to GCSE English … Continue reading