- New GCSEs 'hardest since O-levels'Private school leader urges caution over interpretation of new grading system for exams in England.
- Two MPs quit Bath University roles over vice-chancellor's pay dealIt follows criticism of the £451k salary of University of Bath vice-chancellor Prof Dame Glynis Breakwell.
- More graduates leave Wales than arrive, report saysGraduate jobs have not been created by firms at the rate public sector jobs are lost, an expert says.
- Cambridge University Press reverses China censorship moveCambridge University Press restores access to sensitive China stories after academics protest.
- Clearing placements at five-year high, early figures showNew figures show record numbers placed through clearing as universities seek to fill places.
- Boys help to raise A-level gradesBoys overtake girls in top A-level grades - but university entries are down, with many places available.
- New GCSEs 'hardest since O-levels'
- Over the summer break we are going to post some maths brain teasers to keep your brain active. Here is the... fb.me/1t9pf8QwJ 4 weeks ago
- Over the summer break we are going to post some maths brain teasers to keep your brain active. Here is the... fb.me/93QkZ8IF9 4 weeks ago
- To celebrate the start of Summer we thought a competition might be fun! Keep an eye on our page and I'll post the... fb.me/1PgaFQ78S 1 month ago
- Wow! Thank you, we've run out of space for all our thank you cards! fb.me/78Cpc8s05 1 month ago
- If you have a year 11 in your household you'll probably know already that the Maths Higher Paper 2 was not that... fb.me/2mmTEoBg8 2 months ago
Tag Archives: National Curriculum
What ingredients are needed to make a good tutor? 1) Qualifications A person should be qualified to do the job they are being paid to do. We want a plumber who is qualified, a car mechanic who is qualified, a … Continue reading
Influential Conservative backbench MP Graham Stuart slams pace of Michael Gove’s education reforms – Education News – Education – The Independent
Influential Conservative backbench MP Graham Stuart slams pace of Michael Gove’s education reforms – Education News – Education – The Independent. via Influential Conservative backbench MP Graham Stuart slams pace of Michael Gove’s education reforms – Education News – Education … Continue reading
A return to O Levels? There is a big announcement today of the replacement for the GCSE exams. Follow this blog this week as we try to explain the changes and the impact it will have on our students. Related … Continue reading
Last Friday was an exciting day in the Fisher household, our two children were getting their reports. They have had a good year, they’re settled and happy (a move last June had forced a change of school) Hannah had passed … Continue reading
Like many parents in my situation (Year 1 son involved in the first year of the process) I continue to be somewhat mystified by the Government (not schools, I realise the teachers I talk to are in broadly the same … Continue reading
Originally posted on Kip McGrath Scunthorpe Tutors' Blog:
Governors hit back at Gove’s ‘badge of status’ comments BBC |July 6, 2012 _ Governors have hit back at the education secretary’s claims that they can be “local worthies” who view their…
Education Secretary Michael Gove Gove plans to scrap dumbed-down GCSEs and National Curriculum in the biggest revolution in education for 30 years. Leaked documents seen by the Daily Mail suggest that the most radical shake up in school examinations are being … Continue reading
Did you know your year 1 child has a phonics screening test from 18th June? No neither did I. However this website explains all and has a good FAQ section. http://www.education.gov.uk/schools/teachingandlearning/pedagogy/a00198207/faqs-year-1-phonics-screening-check
The Independent’s Richard Garner wrote a fascinating article on an OFSTED Inspector. (full article below) Reading this earlier today created a variety of thoughts and observation. 1) Mr Sheridan seems to disagree with Sir Michael Wilshaw. Earlier this month Ofsted … Continue reading