- Four in 10 parents 'asked to give to school funds'Schools are asking parents to dip into to their pockets to boost their funds, a survey says.
- Students in Wales taking out loans to afford 'luxury' flatsThey are taking out pay day loans to live in luxury flats instead of substandard housing, it is claimed.
- Loneliness: The cost of the 'last taboo'Loneliness costs £6,000 per person in ill-health, says a study, with calls to end the "stigma".
- Great Yarmouth Charter Academy: Parents remove childrenParents say 20 children have left Charter Academy over concerns about its teaching methods.
- Transgender pupils 'leaving schools over rights breaches'Families are starting to take transgender children out of schools over human rights, it is claimed.
- Quarter of 14-year-old girls 'have signs of depression'The findings come from 10,000 young people's views and make worrying reading, say UK researchers.
- Four in 10 parents 'asked to give to school funds'
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
Tag Archives: performance pay for teachers
Yesterday Michael Gove released his evidence to the STRB relating to proposals to change teachers pay. http://media.education.gov.uk/assets/files/pdf/e/evidence%20to%20the%20strb%20the%20case%20for%20change.pdf The BBC Education correspondent Sean Coughlan reported : Education Secretary Michael Gove says he wants a system that can attract the highest quality … Continue reading