- Wales teacher recruitment levels 'bordering on crisis'The target for trainee teacher intake in secondary schools and for PGCEs has been missed, figures show.
- Schools go green to support Grenfell fire victimsPupils in schools across England go green to show their support for the Grenfell fire victims.
- Pisa test scores 'risk' to Wales economy warningInvestors will judge Wales on global education results, ex-advisor to government warns.
- Heads worried tuition fee pledge for teachers to be droppedWill the promise of tuition fee relief for teachers be the next education policy to be scrapped?
- Leading universities rated 'bronze' under new ranking systemUniversities are now ranked bronze, silver or gold for their standard of undergraduate teaching.
- Number of families made homeless rises by 17%Official figures reveal the number of people made homeless in the past year is up a fifth on five years ago.
- Wales teacher recruitment levels 'bordering on crisis'
- If you have a year 11 in your household you'll probably know already that the Maths Higher Paper 2 was not that... fb.me/2mmTEoBg8 2 weeks ago
- With many politicians struggling to remember their figures or unable to deal with answering a direct question two... fb.me/94SzduaD5 2 weeks ago
- Just wanted to share an email we received from a parent "Just thought you should know that E loved his first... fb.me/4hzUKxbvv 3 weeks ago
- Registration for the 2017 Kent Test opened today and closes on 3rd. Test date is 7th September with results... fb.me/ZT8X2qef 3 weeks ago
- Every year after the first maths exam many teachers and websites put together 'predicted papers' based on topics... fb.me/1thY9hrcx 3 weeks ago
Tag Archives: phonics screening test
What is the Phonics Screening Check? The phonics screening check was piloted in June 2011 and rolled out nationally in 2012. The check focuses solely on decoding words using a phonetic approach. Is this a reading test? No, it is … Continue reading
Phonics Screening Test Results This is one of the most common question I get asked by parents. The initial answer is that there isn’t technically a “pass” score, but there is a benchmark score. (I know it’s a semantic argument … Continue reading
The DfE have confirmed that the phonics screening check will be administered during the week commencing 17 June 2013. We will be publishing more posts this week that explain how the test is administered, the results from last year, some … Continue reading
I’ve been an avid reader of Michael Rosen’s blogs and particularly his crusade about reading. As a teacher I came late to the debate. It was only when I moved out of teaching PE into a SplD unit in a … Continue reading
Like many parents in my situation (Year 1 son involved in the first year of the process) I continue to be somewhat mystified by the Government (not schools, I realise the teachers I talk to are in broadly the same … Continue reading
The first year of the Year 1 Phonics screening test has created a lively debate, across the education world, the parenting world and the literary world. I have been avidly reading Michael Rosen’s blog recently, and would recommend it to … Continue reading
Did you know your year 1 child has a phonics screening test from 18th June? No neither did I. However this website explains all and has a good FAQ section. http://www.education.gov.uk/schools/teachingandlearning/pedagogy/a00198207/faqs-year-1-phonics-screening-check