- Two-year degrees to lower tuition feesJo Johnson wants to change a system where three-year degrees have "crowded out" anything else.
- Why does snow close so many schools?Hundreds of schools have closed across England and Wales because of snow. How are such decisions made?
- 'Come out in class - if you want to', teachers urgedHeads urged to offer more support to LGBT teachers to be their "authentic selves".
- Grammar schools 'contrary to common good' - Archbishop of CanterburyJustin Welby calls on the government to have an inclusive approach to the future of education.
- Universities could be accused of 'mis-selling courses'Young people are taking out loans to pay for fees without effective help or advice, a watchdog says.
- University of Sussex vice-chancellor gets £230,000 payoutUniversity of Sussex paid the money to Prof Michael Farthing "in lieu of notice".
- Two-year degrees to lower tuition fees
- Last year Norton Knatchbull and Highworth had 54 places available after allocation of places (and not everyone... fb.me/Gy1tqr0O 1 month ago
- fb.me/2qajxe8u4 1 month ago
- 1976: Blue Peter showed off a phone with no cable that you could even take outside. Watching this now not sure... fb.me/7zMmvU3XL 1 month ago
- So very proud of all our 11+ers ! 1 month ago
- 11+ results day.... fingers crossed for everyone waiting. As a parent who's been through it twice I know how... fb.me/1CPYarA2E 2 months ago
Tag Archives: phonics screening test
What is the Phonics Screening Check? The phonics screening check was piloted in June 2011 and rolled out nationally in 2012. The check focuses solely on decoding words using a phonetic approach. Is this a reading test? No, it is … Continue reading
Phonics Screening Test Results This is one of the most common question I get asked by parents. The initial answer is that there isn’t technically a “pass” score, but there is a benchmark score. (I know it’s a semantic argument … Continue reading
The DfE have confirmed that the phonics screening check will be administered during the week commencing 17 June 2013. We will be publishing more posts this week that explain how the test is administered, the results from last year, some … Continue reading
I’ve been an avid reader of Michael Rosen’s blogs and particularly his crusade about reading. As a teacher I came late to the debate. It was only when I moved out of teaching PE into a SplD unit in a … Continue reading
Like many parents in my situation (Year 1 son involved in the first year of the process) I continue to be somewhat mystified by the Government (not schools, I realise the teachers I talk to are in broadly the same … Continue reading
The first year of the Year 1 Phonics screening test has created a lively debate, across the education world, the parenting world and the literary world. I have been avidly reading Michael Rosen’s blog recently, and would recommend it to … Continue reading
Did you know your year 1 child has a phonics screening test from 18th June? No neither did I. However this website explains all and has a good FAQ section. http://www.education.gov.uk/schools/teachingandlearning/pedagogy/a00198207/faqs-year-1-phonics-screening-check