- Oxford professor given protection following threats from trans activistsOxford academic Selina Todd was given protection after threats from transgender rights activists.
- Mark Wallinger: The artist who wants to provoke pupils' creativityTop artist Mark Wallinger has become a school's artist-in-residence to fight for more creativity.
- No time off for grieving: 'Inside I was screaming'Bereavement leave for parents came too late for Ian Bainbridge, whose son was stillborn five years ago.
- Middlesbrough children's services 'inadequate'There are "widespread failures" and children are left at risk of harm for too long, inspectors find.
- One in four children 'has too little sleep'A lack of rest leaves youngsters unable to focus at school, a World Health Organization study says.
- Super-rich elites making London 'off-limits'Moving to London is unaffordable for those from poorer backgrounds, says social mobility report.
- Oxford professor given protection following threats from trans activists
- @seedorf77 @Steph_____92 @JPickford1 🤣🤣😮🤣🤣 4 days ago
- RT @anna_harding: @GeorgeCaulkin 🙌 4 days ago
- We’re told today is Blue Monday, rather than a marketing term to make us think about holidays, Blue Monday instantl… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 days ago
- @GeorgeCaulkin @LukeEdwardsTele @kevw1983 @MsiDouglas @j_wilson1988 @mark_robson10 @andrewsneill @dm3pol… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 weeks ago
- @LukeEdwardsTele So when results are good it’s down to Bruce, when bad it’s hysteria? No difference in play as we’v… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 weeks ago
Tag Archives: phonics screening test
What is the Phonics Screening Check? The phonics screening check was piloted in June 2011 and rolled out nationally in 2012. The check focuses solely on decoding words using a phonetic approach. Is this a reading test? No, it is … Continue reading
Phonics Screening Test Results This is one of the most common question I get asked by parents. The initial answer is that there isn’t technically a “pass” score, but there is a benchmark score. (I know it’s a semantic argument … Continue reading
The DfE have confirmed that the phonics screening check will be administered during the week commencing 17 June 2013. We will be publishing more posts this week that explain how the test is administered, the results from last year, some … Continue reading
I’ve been an avid reader of Michael Rosen’s blogs and particularly his crusade about reading. As a teacher I came late to the debate. It was only when I moved out of teaching PE into a SplD unit in a … Continue reading
Like many parents in my situation (Year 1 son involved in the first year of the process) I continue to be somewhat mystified by the Government (not schools, I realise the teachers I talk to are in broadly the same … Continue reading
The first year of the Year 1 Phonics screening test has created a lively debate, across the education world, the parenting world and the literary world. I have been avidly reading Michael Rosen’s blog recently, and would recommend it to … Continue reading
Did you know your year 1 child has a phonics screening test from 18th June? No neither did I. However this website explains all and has a good FAQ section. http://www.education.gov.uk/schools/teachingandlearning/pedagogy/a00198207/faqs-year-1-phonics-screening-check