- Grammar school A-level row head suspendedThe head of a school where some pupils were stopped from taking A-levels, is suspended.
- 'He hid in a cupboard - we just couldn't get him to school'When Evelyn and Tony adopted Ryan at the age of seven, his special needs were not immediately apparent.
- Cambridge Uni students get Shakespeare trigger warningsCambridge University students are given "trigger alerts" that they might be upset by some text.
- 'Go to the dentist and get fined £100'Dentists warn that thousands of vulnerable people are wrongly being fined over dental treatment.
- 'I found a job I love through battling depression'Catherine says becoming ill at university inspired a career in mental health social work.
- 'I felt so low, I couldn't see a way out'A record number of children seek help from Childline over suicidal thoughts and feelings.
- Grammar school A-level row head suspended
- Last year Norton Knatchbull and Highworth had 54 places available after allocation of places (and not everyone... fb.me/Gy1tqr0O 8 hours ago
- fb.me/2qajxe8u4 11 hours ago
- 1976: Blue Peter showed off a phone with no cable that you could even take outside. Watching this now not sure... fb.me/7zMmvU3XL 2 days ago
- So very proud of all our 11+ers ! 6 days ago
- 11+ results day.... fingers crossed for everyone waiting. As a parent who's been through it twice I know how... fb.me/1CPYarA2E 1 week ago
Tag Archives: phonics screening test
What is the Phonics Screening Check? The phonics screening check was piloted in June 2011 and rolled out nationally in 2012. The check focuses solely on decoding words using a phonetic approach. Is this a reading test? No, it is … Continue reading
Phonics Screening Test Results This is one of the most common question I get asked by parents. The initial answer is that there isn’t technically a “pass” score, but there is a benchmark score. (I know it’s a semantic argument … Continue reading
The DfE have confirmed that the phonics screening check will be administered during the week commencing 17 June 2013. We will be publishing more posts this week that explain how the test is administered, the results from last year, some … Continue reading
I’ve been an avid reader of Michael Rosen’s blogs and particularly his crusade about reading. As a teacher I came late to the debate. It was only when I moved out of teaching PE into a SplD unit in a … Continue reading
Like many parents in my situation (Year 1 son involved in the first year of the process) I continue to be somewhat mystified by the Government (not schools, I realise the teachers I talk to are in broadly the same … Continue reading
The first year of the Year 1 Phonics screening test has created a lively debate, across the education world, the parenting world and the literary world. I have been avidly reading Michael Rosen’s blog recently, and would recommend it to … Continue reading
Did you know your year 1 child has a phonics screening test from 18th June? No neither did I. However this website explains all and has a good FAQ section. http://www.education.gov.uk/schools/teachingandlearning/pedagogy/a00198207/faqs-year-1-phonics-screening-check