- Coronavirus: Schools in Wales to reopen on 29 JuneParents who do not to send their children to school when they reopen on 29 June will not be fined.
- Coronavirus: Students might have to stay in 'protective bubble'When university campuses open students might have to live and study in small groups to limit mixing.
- Disruption to schools could continue to November, MPs toldDisruption to school in England could continue into the autumn until November, MPs are told
- Drug gangs on 'recruitment drive' during lockdownChildren and increasingly girls are being groomed because they are unknown to police, a report says.
- Coronavirus: Primary schools back but mixed picture on turn-outIt is the first day back for some primary pupils in England - but heads say attendance ranges between 40% and 70%.
- Coronavirus lockdown 'perfect storm' for abused children - Sajid JavidThe ex-home secretary is leading a "no holds barred" investigation into the issue in the UK.
- Coronavirus: Schools in Wales to reopen on 29 June
- @BBradley_Mans The Government's SAGE Scientific Committee modelled 9 scenarios, not one is the return model used by… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- @SchoolDuggery Couple of key phrases..."There is no evidence to suggest that children transmit the virus any more t… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 weeks ago
- @Steph_____92 Since he was last sacked by the premier league club who appointed him whilst in the PL over 90 premie… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago
- @GeorgeCaulkin @simplyMaximin @plevans_1 George, the moment you tweet #cans twitter will break! 1 month ago
- @rjrosser1 @MrJohnNicolson @SJCooper68 @commonscms John, the case involving Saudi ownership of Sheff Utd was only s… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago
Tag Archives: phonics screening test
What is the Phonics Screening Check? The phonics screening check was piloted in June 2011 and rolled out nationally in 2012. The check focuses solely on decoding words using a phonetic approach. Is this a reading test? No, it is … Continue reading
Phonics Screening Test Results This is one of the most common question I get asked by parents. The initial answer is that there isn’t technically a “pass” score, but there is a benchmark score. (I know it’s a semantic argument … Continue reading
The DfE have confirmed that the phonics screening check will be administered during the week commencing 17 June 2013. We will be publishing more posts this week that explain how the test is administered, the results from last year, some … Continue reading
I’ve been an avid reader of Michael Rosen’s blogs and particularly his crusade about reading. As a teacher I came late to the debate. It was only when I moved out of teaching PE into a SplD unit in a … Continue reading
Like many parents in my situation (Year 1 son involved in the first year of the process) I continue to be somewhat mystified by the Government (not schools, I realise the teachers I talk to are in broadly the same … Continue reading
The first year of the Year 1 Phonics screening test has created a lively debate, across the education world, the parenting world and the literary world. I have been avidly reading Michael Rosen’s blog recently, and would recommend it to … Continue reading
Did you know your year 1 child has a phonics screening test from 18th June? No neither did I. However this website explains all and has a good FAQ section. http://www.education.gov.uk/schools/teachingandlearning/pedagogy/a00198207/faqs-year-1-phonics-screening-check