- Primary league tables: How did your school do?New primary school league table data for England has been published by the Department for Education.
- Laurent Simons: Belgian child prodigy drops out of universityHis parents removed him after the university said he wouldn't graduate before turning 10.
- Police probe alleged fraud at Scottish Qualifications AuthorityAn investigation has been launched into an alleged six-figure fraud at the Scottish Qualifications Authority.
- Parent school donations 'exacerbating inequality'In 2017-18, the average school in London raised £43,000 from donations. In Yorkshire, it was about £13,300.
- General election 2019: Do EU state aid rules stop school bus services?Claims about EU state aid rules causing problems for school bus provision fact-checked.
- General election 2019: Under-30s question politicians in TV debateThe BBC Question Time debate also saw fiery exchanges on climate change, electoral reform and trust.
- Primary league tables: How did your school do?
- @GoosedScrew @Arganaut @DCorny66 @QWERTYorAZERTY @jsphfstr89 @jetowey @UKLabour Again don't disagree, a certain %ag… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
- @GoosedScrew @Arganaut @DCorny66 @QWERTYorAZERTY @jsphfstr89 @jetowey @UKLabour Haven’t used personal abuse. I agre… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
- @GoosedScrew @DCorny66 @QWERTYorAZERTY @jsphfstr89 @jetowey @UKLabour Are you seriously suggesting that the hospita… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
- @villettew @GoosedScrew @DCorny66 @QWERTYorAZERTY @jsphfstr89 @jetowey @UKLabour Not a doctor but doctors have said… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 days ago
- @GoosedScrew @DCorny66 @QWERTYorAZERTY @jsphfstr89 @jetowey @UKLabour Don’t disagree with that, although they were… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 days ago
Tag Archives: phonics screening test
What is the Phonics Screening Check? The phonics screening check was piloted in June 2011 and rolled out nationally in 2012. The check focuses solely on decoding words using a phonetic approach. Is this a reading test? No, it is … Continue reading
Phonics Screening Test Results This is one of the most common question I get asked by parents. The initial answer is that there isn’t technically a “pass” score, but there is a benchmark score. (I know it’s a semantic argument … Continue reading
The DfE have confirmed that the phonics screening check will be administered during the week commencing 17 June 2013. We will be publishing more posts this week that explain how the test is administered, the results from last year, some … Continue reading
I’ve been an avid reader of Michael Rosen’s blogs and particularly his crusade about reading. As a teacher I came late to the debate. It was only when I moved out of teaching PE into a SplD unit in a … Continue reading
Like many parents in my situation (Year 1 son involved in the first year of the process) I continue to be somewhat mystified by the Government (not schools, I realise the teachers I talk to are in broadly the same … Continue reading
The first year of the Year 1 Phonics screening test has created a lively debate, across the education world, the parenting world and the literary world. I have been avidly reading Michael Rosen’s blog recently, and would recommend it to … Continue reading
Did you know your year 1 child has a phonics screening test from 18th June? No neither did I. However this website explains all and has a good FAQ section. http://www.education.gov.uk/schools/teachingandlearning/pedagogy/a00198207/faqs-year-1-phonics-screening-check