- 'Social workers ran my life as a kid in care - now I am one'In care from the age of four, homeless at 19... now 23, Kerry has turned her life around.
- Pointless work meetings 'really a form of therapy'More managerial jobs generate more meetings, but they are not about making decisions, says a study.
- Warwick University Hong Kong exchange students called back to UKThe University of Warwick said it is "no longer appropriate" for its students to remain in Hong Kong.
- One in 50 'children in need' are not yet bornRising numbers of children are being officially labelled as vulnerable before they are even born.
- Teens in care in Birmingham 'without food or bedding'Two teenagers tell BBC Newsnight about their experiences of living in semi-supported accommodation.
- Student forced to turn to food bank by loan delayA second year Bristol undergraduate says a student loan administration error left him penniless.
- 'Social workers ran my life as a kid in care - now I am one'
- @JamesCleverly But you tweeted a photo showing you we’re doing BBC and LBC at same time, 7.30am...... 1 week ago
- @asaintmaximin @ChrisDHWaugh Was a great performance yesterday, my son and I had great away trip ⚫️⚪️⚫️⚪️ 1 week ago
- @asaintmaximin @ChrisDHWaugh “Allan is a Geordie” 1 week ago
- @DavidLammy You stood in 2017 on a manifesto that stated “Labour accepts the referendum result” 2 weeks ago
- For anyone who’s ever been near a staffroom! twitter.com/MrBoothY6/stat… 3 weeks ago
Tag Archives: phonics
The DfE have confirmed that the phonics screening check will be administered during the week commencing 17 June 2013. We will be publishing more posts this week that explain how the test is administered, the results from last year, some … Continue reading
I’ve been an avid reader of Michael Rosen’s blogs and particularly his crusade about reading. As a teacher I came late to the debate. It was only when I moved out of teaching PE into a SplD unit in a … Continue reading
Like many parents in my situation (Year 1 son involved in the first year of the process) I continue to be somewhat mystified by the Government (not schools, I realise the teachers I talk to are in broadly the same … Continue reading
The first year of the Year 1 Phonics screening test has created a lively debate, across the education world, the parenting world and the literary world. I have been avidly reading Michael Rosen’s blog recently, and would recommend it to … Continue reading
Did you know your year 1 child has a phonics screening test from 18th June? No neither did I. However this website explains all and has a good FAQ section. http://www.education.gov.uk/schools/teachingandlearning/pedagogy/a00198207/faqs-year-1-phonics-screening-check