- Coronavirus: Free school meals children to get food vouchersMinisters say the vouchers could be available to families in England as early as Tuesday afternoon.
- Lack of childcare 'forcing key workers to stay home'As many childcare providers close their doors, key workers with young children tell the BBC they are "stuck".
- University admissions could face emergency controlsUniversities are considering fixed limits on student numbers amid financial worries over admissions.
- English teacher's Facebook lessons an 'overwhelming' successHolly King-Mand has gathered thousands of followers after starting her Facebook lessons on Monday.
- Coronavirus: Children can visit separated parents during restrictionsAfter one minister airs confusing advice, parents give their verdict on visiting under coronavirus.
- Head's virus death and lockdown hit schools like 'bombshell'Head teachers in England seek clearer safety advice after virus death and lockdown announcement.
- Coronavirus: Free school meals children to get food vouchers
- If you are a football person please join the challenge of posting a football photo. Just one picture, no descriptio… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
- @TWBC_Business Will dial in, many thanks 1 week ago
- @tapairportugal The connecting flight hadn’t taken off, eventually taking off over 40 mins after our delayed flight arrived. ?? 1 month ago
- @tapairportugal Not being able to get our luggage for almost two hours isn’t down to technical difficulties or weat… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago
- @tapairportugal I note that the flight to Valencia you offered us today leaving Lisbon at 2.00pm hasn’t taken off.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago
Tag Archives: Teacher
In an article on the BBC website Michael Gove is pushing for teacher’s pay to be linked to performance. The report is sketchy on details, but high on soundbites from the Education Minister, somewhat in keeping with most of his … Continue reading
http://www.itv.com/news/2012-11-08/the-best-start-in-life/ I have two confessions to make….. I didn’t see this programme….. because I was tutoring children There, got it out of my system. Reading the headlines, the blog posts and tweets I think it’s important to make a distinction … Continue reading
Handy Parents’ Evening Tips As parents’ evenings start to loom on the horizon we thought it appropriate to put together some tips to make the most out of this event. Remember, as ex teachers and current parents we … Continue reading
“We have the best generation of teachers and headteachers we have ever had.” For once I agree with Michael Gove. We do have some great teachers, my wife was one of the very best, one of the very first Advanced … Continue reading
I’ve been an avid reader of Michael Rosen’s blogs and particularly his crusade about reading. As a teacher I came late to the debate. It was only when I moved out of teaching PE into a SplD unit in a … Continue reading
Last Friday was an exciting day in the Fisher household, our two children were getting their reports. They have had a good year, they’re settled and happy (a move last June had forced a change of school) Hannah had passed … Continue reading
The Independent’s Richard Garner wrote a fascinating article on an OFSTED Inspector. (full article below) Reading this earlier today created a variety of thoughts and observation. 1) Mr Sheridan seems to disagree with Sir Michael Wilshaw. Earlier this month Ofsted … Continue reading
I have a confession to make. I started as a secondary PE teacher. There, I said it. Some skeletons should stay in the closet, sometimes it’s better to get the skeleton out before someone discovers it and drags it out … Continue reading
We are running our 2 day 11+ Course during the Whitsun week, dates and times below. We have about 6 or 7 places left on a first come first served basis, so please ring or text on 07595 438181 to book a … Continue reading
Yesterday Michael Gove released his evidence to the STRB relating to proposals to change teachers pay. http://media.education.gov.uk/assets/files/pdf/e/evidence%20to%20the%20strb%20the%20case%20for%20change.pdf The BBC Education correspondent Sean Coughlan reported : Education Secretary Michael Gove says he wants a system that can attract the highest quality … Continue reading