- Oxford professor given protection following threats from trans activistsOxford academic Selina Todd was given protection after threats from transgender rights activists.
- Mark Wallinger: The artist who wants to provoke pupils' creativityTop artist Mark Wallinger has become a school's artist-in-residence to fight for more creativity.
- No time off for grieving: 'Inside I was screaming'Bereavement leave for parents came too late for Ian Bainbridge, whose son was stillborn five years ago.
- Middlesbrough children's services 'inadequate'There are "widespread failures" and children are left at risk of harm for too long, inspectors find.
- One in four children 'has too little sleep'A lack of rest leaves youngsters unable to focus at school, a World Health Organization study says.
- Super-rich elites making London 'off-limits'Moving to London is unaffordable for those from poorer backgrounds, says social mobility report.
- Oxford professor given protection following threats from trans activists
- @seedorf77 @Steph_____92 @JPickford1 🤣🤣😮🤣🤣 4 days ago
- RT @anna_harding: @GeorgeCaulkin 🙌 4 days ago
- We’re told today is Blue Monday, rather than a marketing term to make us think about holidays, Blue Monday instantl… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 days ago
- @GeorgeCaulkin @LukeEdwardsTele @kevw1983 @MsiDouglas @j_wilson1988 @mark_robson10 @andrewsneill @dm3pol… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 weeks ago
- @LukeEdwardsTele So when results are good it’s down to Bruce, when bad it’s hysteria? No difference in play as we’v… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 weeks ago
Tag Archives: Teacher
In an article on the BBC website Michael Gove is pushing for teacher’s pay to be linked to performance. The report is sketchy on details, but high on soundbites from the Education Minister, somewhat in keeping with most of his … Continue reading
http://www.itv.com/news/2012-11-08/the-best-start-in-life/ I have two confessions to make….. I didn’t see this programme….. because I was tutoring children There, got it out of my system. Reading the headlines, the blog posts and tweets I think it’s important to make a distinction … Continue reading
Handy Parents’ Evening Tips As parents’ evenings start to loom on the horizon we thought it appropriate to put together some tips to make the most out of this event. Remember, as ex teachers and current parents we … Continue reading
“We have the best generation of teachers and headteachers we have ever had.” For once I agree with Michael Gove. We do have some great teachers, my wife was one of the very best, one of the very first Advanced … Continue reading
I’ve been an avid reader of Michael Rosen’s blogs and particularly his crusade about reading. As a teacher I came late to the debate. It was only when I moved out of teaching PE into a SplD unit in a … Continue reading
Last Friday was an exciting day in the Fisher household, our two children were getting their reports. They have had a good year, they’re settled and happy (a move last June had forced a change of school) Hannah had passed … Continue reading
The Independent’s Richard Garner wrote a fascinating article on an OFSTED Inspector. (full article below) Reading this earlier today created a variety of thoughts and observation. 1) Mr Sheridan seems to disagree with Sir Michael Wilshaw. Earlier this month Ofsted … Continue reading
I have a confession to make. I started as a secondary PE teacher. There, I said it. Some skeletons should stay in the closet, sometimes it’s better to get the skeleton out before someone discovers it and drags it out … Continue reading
We are running our 2 day 11+ Course during the Whitsun week, dates and times below. We have about 6 or 7 places left on a first come first served basis, so please ring or text on 07595 438181 to book a … Continue reading
Yesterday Michael Gove released his evidence to the STRB relating to proposals to change teachers pay. http://media.education.gov.uk/assets/files/pdf/e/evidence%20to%20the%20strb%20the%20case%20for%20change.pdf The BBC Education correspondent Sean Coughlan reported : Education Secretary Michael Gove says he wants a system that can attract the highest quality … Continue reading