- Coronavirus: Free school meals children to get food vouchersMinisters say the vouchers could be available to families in England as early as Tuesday afternoon.
- Lack of childcare 'forcing key workers to stay home'As many childcare providers close their doors, key workers with young children tell the BBC they are "stuck".
- University admissions could face emergency controlsUniversities are considering fixed limits on student numbers amid financial worries over admissions.
- English teacher's Facebook lessons an 'overwhelming' successHolly King-Mand has gathered thousands of followers after starting her Facebook lessons on Monday.
- Coronavirus: Children can visit separated parents during restrictionsAfter one minister airs confusing advice, parents give their verdict on visiting under coronavirus.
- Head's virus death and lockdown hit schools like 'bombshell'Head teachers in England seek clearer safety advice after virus death and lockdown announcement.
- Coronavirus: Free school meals children to get food vouchers
- If you are a football person please join the challenge of posting a football photo. Just one picture, no descriptio… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
- @TWBC_Business Will dial in, many thanks 1 week ago
- @tapairportugal The connecting flight hadn’t taken off, eventually taking off over 40 mins after our delayed flight arrived. ?? 1 month ago
- @tapairportugal Not being able to get our luggage for almost two hours isn’t down to technical difficulties or weat… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago
- @tapairportugal I note that the flight to Valencia you offered us today leaving Lisbon at 2.00pm hasn’t taken off.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago
Tag Archives: Test (assessment)
What is the Phonics Screening Check? The phonics screening check was piloted in June 2011 and rolled out nationally in 2012. The check focuses solely on decoding words using a phonetic approach. Is this a reading test? No, it is … Continue reading
Phonics Screening Test Results This is one of the most common question I get asked by parents. The initial answer is that there isn’t technically a “pass” score, but there is a benchmark score. (I know it’s a semantic argument … Continue reading
A return to O Levels? There is a big announcement today of the replacement for the GCSE exams. Follow this blog this week as we try to explain the changes and the impact it will have on our students. Related … Continue reading
After completing their work at Kip McGrath last night I was brought in to a very erudite conversation about the impact of any potential change. Erin, Helen and Louise are all at secondary school, (Year9 and Year10) and were worried … Continue reading
Did you know your year 1 child has a phonics screening test from 18th June? No neither did I. However this website explains all and has a good FAQ section. http://www.education.gov.uk/schools/teachingandlearning/pedagogy/a00198207/faqs-year-1-phonics-screening-check
In the news today is the Chief Inspector of Ofsted, Sir Michael Wilshaw, criticising the increasing practice of entering students early for their GCSE exams. Our own personal experience of this at Kip McGrath Ashford is that it is on … Continue reading
We are running our 2 day 11+ Course during the Whitsun week, dates and times below. We have about 6 or 7 places left on a first come first served basis, so please ring or text on 07595 438181 to book a … Continue reading
Frequently asked Questions What subjects Kip McGrath Ashford teach? We teach pupils in the areas of English, Maths Reading, Writing, Spelling and Comprehension at Primary and Secondary level. We also offer tuition to help prepare your child for exams such as the Kent … Continue reading