- 'Social workers ran my life as a kid in care - now I am one'In care from the age of four, homeless at 19... now 23, Kerry has turned her life around.
- Pointless work meetings 'really a form of therapy'More managerial jobs generate more meetings, but they are not about making decisions, says a study.
- Warwick University Hong Kong exchange students called back to UKThe University of Warwick said it is "no longer appropriate" for its students to remain in Hong Kong.
- One in 50 'children in need' are not yet bornRising numbers of children are being officially labelled as vulnerable before they are even born.
- Teens in care in Birmingham 'without food or bedding'Two teenagers tell BBC Newsnight about their experiences of living in semi-supported accommodation.
- Student forced to turn to food bank by loan delayA second year Bristol undergraduate says a student loan administration error left him penniless.
- 'Social workers ran my life as a kid in care - now I am one'
- @JamesCleverly But you tweeted a photo showing you we’re doing BBC and LBC at same time, 7.30am...... 1 week ago
- @asaintmaximin @ChrisDHWaugh Was a great performance yesterday, my son and I had great away trip ⚫️⚪️⚫️⚪️ 1 week ago
- @asaintmaximin @ChrisDHWaugh “Allan is a Geordie” 1 week ago
- @DavidLammy You stood in 2017 on a manifesto that stated “Labour accepts the referendum result” 2 weeks ago
- For anyone who’s ever been near a staffroom! twitter.com/MrBoothY6/stat… 3 weeks ago
Tag Archives: Test (assessment)
What is the Phonics Screening Check? The phonics screening check was piloted in June 2011 and rolled out nationally in 2012. The check focuses solely on decoding words using a phonetic approach. Is this a reading test? No, it is … Continue reading
Phonics Screening Test Results This is one of the most common question I get asked by parents. The initial answer is that there isn’t technically a “pass” score, but there is a benchmark score. (I know it’s a semantic argument … Continue reading
A return to O Levels? There is a big announcement today of the replacement for the GCSE exams. Follow this blog this week as we try to explain the changes and the impact it will have on our students. Related … Continue reading
After completing their work at Kip McGrath last night I was brought in to a very erudite conversation about the impact of any potential change. Erin, Helen and Louise are all at secondary school, (Year9 and Year10) and were worried … Continue reading
Did you know your year 1 child has a phonics screening test from 18th June? No neither did I. However this website explains all and has a good FAQ section. http://www.education.gov.uk/schools/teachingandlearning/pedagogy/a00198207/faqs-year-1-phonics-screening-check
In the news today is the Chief Inspector of Ofsted, Sir Michael Wilshaw, criticising the increasing practice of entering students early for their GCSE exams. Our own personal experience of this at Kip McGrath Ashford is that it is on … Continue reading
We are running our 2 day 11+ Course during the Whitsun week, dates and times below. We have about 6 or 7 places left on a first come first served basis, so please ring or text on 07595 438181 to book a … Continue reading
Frequently asked Questions What subjects Kip McGrath Ashford teach? We teach pupils in the areas of English, Maths Reading, Writing, Spelling and Comprehension at Primary and Secondary level. We also offer tuition to help prepare your child for exams such as the Kent … Continue reading